Dialog Topics for Writing a Role-Play Script
Want to Write a Creative Dialog? Need a topic for writing, conversation, acting?
Here are some ideas of characters, or themes, that you can use to write a dialog for your students, or have them create the script.
· Parent and young child talk about eating / toys / shopping in the supermarket / playing a game
· Parent and elementary student talk about school / cleaning his or her room / choosing an extra-mural activity such
as ballet, baseball, art
· Parent and teen talk about bullying / homework / sharing chores /anger /love/ friends / smoking
· Parent and young adult child talk about problems such as a boyfriend or girlfriend / having to move home / marriage /
divorce / skin problems / leaving home to go to college
· Child and Elderly Parent talk about aging / home-care / needing to move into a senior home / philosophy about life /
looking back at their lives / personal beliefs / feelings as an aging person
Read more at Suite101: Parent & Child Dialog Role-Play Scripts for ESL Learning | Suite101
· Two bed bugs chat about their problems.
· An elderly lady and grandchild discuss an animal at the zoo.
· Two zookeepers talk about an elephant and its baby.
· Two crocodile tears talk about their experience.
- Two cats talk about the dogs in their household
- Two ants complain about their busy day
- Two fishmoths discuss the delicious clothes they found and ate
- Two cockroaches speak about the restaurant they live in
- Two mice discuss the plan to get the cheese and escape the trap
- Two earrings discuss the latest fashion styles they noticed recently
- Two pencils in a schoolbox discuss their day
- Two old library books talk about life
- Two fleas speak about the home they live in
- Two old pieces of fruit discuss their lives
Read more at Suite101: Humorous Dialog Role-Play Scripts for ELL Lessons | Suite101 http://suite101.com/article/humorous-dialog-role-play-scripts-for-ell-lessons-a305736#ixzz2HtaeXEd2
· In the office of the doctor/ lawyer/ dentist/ school principal.
· Conversation in the Laundromat / hair salon / park/ post office /pharmacy / supermarket /
· Argument between two friends / mother and son / dog and cat / two flies on the ceiling /
two policemen / three birds wanting the same worm.
Read more at Suite101: Creating Original Role Play Scripts for Language & Drama Lessons |
· Assistant at the doctor’s office with a new patient who wants an appointment
· Doctor and a sick person
· Emergency 911 caller and the 911 worker
· Shop owner and someone calling in to complain
· Mother reminding her son about his homework
· A daughter calls a parent about joining a soccer team.
· Brother and sister discuss a family event that is being planned by both of them ·
- A woman calls someone who she thinks she knew when she was a young elementary
school student. The other woman can’t remember the caller. Together they try to remember.
· A difficult customer speaks to a department store clerk
· A lottery prize announcer calls the winner of the lottery with the good news
· A neighbor calls another to complain about a noisy dog
· Someone planning a garage sale calls the classified ads department to place the ad in
· A large company calls a client to answer a questionnaire about their product
· Calling the post office to give a change of personal information, including address, new
telephone numbers, marriage status.
· The wrong furniture was delivered to the customer. The customer calls to explain
both the mistake and what furniture should have been sent.
Two people talk about the utility bills and what they can do to cut their electricity usage
A wife and husband discuss the problem of one of their children
Two siblings talk about sharing the chores in the house
A mother and son speak about problems with the boy fighting at school
A mother and daughter speak about the right and wrong way to dress in public
Two children discuss an unkind teacher and what to do about it
Two students discuss the issue of an expelled student who cheated on a test
Two mice discuss the problem of trying to get the cheese without getting caught in the trap
Two dogs talk about the terrible food they have been getting lately and how they could communicate to their owners about this